Fluropon Classic® II
Fluropon Classic® II is a premium fluoropolymer coating containing 70% Kynar® 500 or Hylar® 5000 proprietary resins that should be used when a pearlescent appearance is desired. Fluropon Classic II is a field-proven, high performance exterior quality finish. This two-coat system is a cost effective alternative to metallic systems requiring clear coats. It provides outstanding resistance to ultraviolet radiation resulting in exceptional color retention, resistance to chalking and chemical degradation.
- Chalk Resistance (ASTM D 4214) Rating no less than 8 at 20 years.
- Specular Gloss at 60° (ASTM D 523) 15-30
- Dew Cycle Weatherometer Test (ASTM D 366) Passes 1,000 hours. Chalk rating no less than 8.
- Humidity Resistance (ASTM D 2247) 100% relative humidity. Passes 1,000 hours with no field blisters.
- Salt Spray Resistance(ASTM B 117) Passes 1,000 hours with no blisters and ≤ 1/16” creep from scribe.
- T-Bend (ASTM D 4145) 0T to 2T. No loss of adhesion.
- Impact Resistance Test, Reverse Impact (ASTM D 2794) 2x metal thickness inch-pounds. No loss of adhesion.
- Abrasion Resistance Test Falling Sand (ASTM D 968) 65 ± 10 liters
- Pencil Harness (ASTM D 3363) HB to 2H
- Cross Hatch Adhesion (ASTM D 3359) No loss of adhesion