Fluropon Classic® is a premium fluoropolymer coating containing 70% Kynar® 500 or Hylar® 5000 proprietary resins that has a special metallic effect. Fluropon Classic is a field-proven, high performance exterior quality finish. It provides outstanding resistance to ultraviolet radiation resulting in exceptional color retention, resistance to chalking and chemical degradation, which makes it a preferred choice for high profile projects.
- Chalk Resistance (ASTM D 4214) Rating no less than 8 at 20 years.
- Specular Gloss at 60° (ASTM D 523) 30 to 40
- Dew Cycle Weatherometer Test (ASTM D 366) Passes 1,000 hours. Chalk rating no less than 8.
- Humidity Resistance (ASTM D 2247) 100% relative humidity at. Passes 2,000 hours with no field blisters.
- Salt Spray Resistance (ASTM B 117) Passes 1,000 hours with no blisters and ≤ 1/32” creep from scribe.
- T-Bend (ASTM D 4145) 0T to 2T. No loss of adhesion.
- Impact Resistance Test, Reverse Impact (ASTM D 2794) 3x metal thickness inch-pounds. No loss of adhesion.
- Abrasion Resistance Test Falling Sand (ASTM D 968) 65 ± 10 liters
- Pencil Harness (ASTM D 3363) HB to H
- Cross Hatch Adhesion (ASTM D 3359) No loss of adhesion