Fluropon® Premiere is part of the Fluropon® group of fluoropolymer coil coatings containing 70% Kynar® 500 or Hylar® 5000 proprietary resins with the addition of a clear top coat. They should be used when a bright color is needed and maximum protection is desired. Fluropon Premiere is a field-proven, high performance exterior quality finish. It provides outstanding resistance to ultraviolet radiation resulting in exceptional color retention as well as resistance to chalking and chemical degradation that makes Fluropon coatings the preferred choice by architects and pre-engineered building manufacturers.
- Color Change (ASTM D 2244) No more than 5Δ Hunter units at 5 years.
- Chalk Resistance (ASTM D 4214) Rating no less than 8 at 20 years.
- Specular Gloss at 60° (ASTM D 523) Typical: 30-40
- Dew Cycle Weatherometer Test (ASTM D 3361) Passes 200 hours. Color change no more than 5Δ Hunter units and chalk rating no less than 8.
- Humidity Resistance (ASTM D 2247) 100% relative humidity. Passes 1,000 hours with no field blisters.
- Salt Spray Resistance (ASTM B 117) Passes 1,000 hours with no blisters and ≤ 1/16” creep from scribe.
- T-Bend (ASTM D 4145) 0T to 2T with no loss of adhesion.
- Impact Resistance Test, Reverse Impact (ASTM D 2794) 3x metal thickness in inch-pounds. No loss of adhesion.
- Pencil Hardness (ASTM D 3363) HB to 2H
- Cross Hatch Adhesion (ASTM D 3359) No loss of adhesion