Recognized as an most outstanding technical achievement with the prestigious R&D 100 Award, Flurothane®II coatings are formulated to protect and enhance building projects in tough environments. The Flurothane II formulation combines two of the most effective coating technologies known to the coil coating industry: Urethane and the fluoropolymer chemistry of Kynar 500® or Hylar 5000® resin. They have proven effective against ultraviolet rays, corrosion, humidity, acid rain, and a wide range of chemicals and other pollutants. Flurothane II resists chalking, fading, chipping, cracking and dirt.
Flurothane II coatings provide a number of unique benefits including:
- Exceptional resistance to sun, rain and other natural elements
- Superior scratch resistance
- Exceptional dirt and stain resistance
- Excellent overall adhesion
- Color Change (ASTM D 2244) No more than 5® Hunter units at 20 years.
- Chalk Resistance (ASTM D 4214) Rating no less than 8 at 20 years.
- Specular Gloss at 60° (ASTM D 523) 5 to 35. A 5-15 at 85° also available.
- Dew Cycle Weatherometer Test (ASTM D 366) Passes 1,000 hours. Color change no more than 5Δ Hunter units and chalk rating no less than 8.
- Humidity Resistance (ASTM D 2247) 100% relative humidity. Passes 2,000 hours with no field blisters.
- Salt Spray Resistance (ASTM B 117) Passes 2,000 hours with no blisters and ≤ 1/16″ creep from scribe.
- T-Bend (ASTM D 4145) 1 to 3T minimum. No loss of adhesion.
- Impact Resistance Test, Reverse Impact (ASTM D 2794) 3x metal thickness in inch-pounds. No loss of adhesion.
- Abrasion Resistance Test Falling Sand (ASTM D 968) 100 ± 10 liters
- Pencil Hardness (ASTM D 3363) HB to 2H
- Cross Hatch Adhesion (ASTM D 3359) No loss of adhesion