Building projects located in extremely harsh and hostile environments such as those found in coastal and industrial locales need the added protection against salt spray and chemical corrosion that Flurothane® IV delivers. Recognized with the prestigious R&D Award for outstanding technical achievement, Flurothane IV combines two of the most effective coating technologies known to the coil coatings industry: Urethane and the fluoropolymer chemistry of Kynar 500® or Hylar 5000® resin.
Flurothane IV coatings provide a number of unique benefits including:
- Exceptional resistance to ultraviolet rays, corrosion, humidity, acid rain and a wide range of chemicals and other pollutants
- Superior resists chalking, fading, chipping, cracking, and dirt
- Exceptional dirt and stain resistance
- Excellent overall adhesion
- Specular Gloss at 60° (ASTM D523) 5 to 35. 5-15 at 85° also available.
- Dew Cycle Weatherometer Test (ASTM D 366) Passes 1,000 hours. Color change no more than 5Δ Hunter units and chalk rating no less than 8.
- Humidity Resistance (ASTM D 2247) 100% relative humidity. Passes 4,000 hours with no field blisters.
- Salt Spray Resistance (ASTM B 117) Passes 2,000 hours with no blisters and ≤ 1/32” creep from scribe.
- T-Bend (ASTM D 4145) 1T to 3T minimum. No loss of adhesion.
- Impact Resistance Test, Reverse Impact (ASTM D 2794) 3x metal thickness in inch-pounds. No loss of adhesion.
- Abrasion Resistance Test Falling Sand (ASTM D 968) 200 ± 20 liters
- Pencil Hardness (ASTM D 3363) HB to 2H
- Cross Hatch Adhesion (ASTM D 3359) No loss of adhesion