Flurothane® IV combines two of the most effective coating technologies in the industry, urethane and fluoropolymer containing 70% Kynar® 500 or Hylar® 5000 resins. Flurothane IV is formulated to protect your building project in exceptionally harsh environments such as those found in seacoast and industrial locations where maximum salt spray and chemical corrosion protection is needed. It provides outstanding resistance to ultraviolet radiation, humidity, acid rain and a wide variety of other pollutants. It has outstanding gloss and color retention as well as superior resistance to chalking, chipping, and cracking.
- Specular Gloss at 60° (ASTM D523) 5 to 35. 5-15 at 85° also available.
- Dew Cycle Weatherometer Test (ASTM D 366) Passes 1,000 hours. Color change no more than 5Δ Hunter units and chalk rating no less than 8.
- Humidity Resistance (ASTM D 2247) 100% relative humidity. Passes 4,000 hours with no field blisters.
- Salt Spray Resistance (ASTM B 117) Passes 2,000 hours with no blisters and ≤ 1/32” creep from scribe.
- T-Bend (ASTM D 4145) 1T to 3T minimum. No loss of adhesion.
- Impact Resistance Test, Reverse Impact (ASTM D 2794) 3x metal thickness in inch-pounds. No loss of adhesion.
- Abrasion Resistance Test Falling Sand (ASTM D 968) 200 ± 20 liters
- Pencil Hardness (ASTM D 3363) HB to 2H
- Cross Hatch Adhesion (ASTM D 3359) No loss of adhesion