WeatherXL™ is an exceptional silicone polyester coating system that combines the durability of ceramic with the strength of a breakthrough silicone polyester resin. WeatherXL is known for its remarkable gloss and color retention as well as its superior chalk resistance, which makes it ideal for industrial and pre-engineered building systems.
- Specular Gloss at 60° (ASTM D 523) 20 to 80
- Dew Cycle Weatherometer Test (ASTM D 366) Passes 200 hours. Color change no more than 5Δ Hunter units and chalk rating no less than 8.
- Humidity Resistance (ASTM D 2247) 100% relative humidity. Passes 1,000 hours with no field blisters.
- Salt Spray Resistance (ASTM B 117) Passes 1,000 hours with few #8 blisters and ≤ 1/8” creep from scribe.
- Chemical Resistance Test (ASTM D 1308)
10% Hydrochloric Acid, 24 hour, no visible change.
25% Sodium Hydroxide, 1 hour, no visible change.
- T-Bend (ASTM D 4145) 2T to 4T. No loss of adhesion.
- Impact Resistance Test, Reverse Impact (ASTM D 2794) 3x metal thickenss in inch-pounds. No loss of adhesion.
- Abrasion Resistance Test Falling Sand (ASTM D 968) 35 ± 5 liters
- Pencil Hardness (ASTM D 3363) F to 2H
- Cross Hatch Adhesion (ASTM D 3359) No loss of adhesion